Have you ever asked yourself this simple question: “What is my superpower?”
Figuring out your superpower means you know yourself well enough to have a focus, and that’s the same competitive advantage that makes you so great at what you do. It’s the quality you’re most proud of, the one thing that makes you stand out, and what gives you an edge over everyone else.
Below are a few tips to help you identify and unleash your own true superpower:
1. Since Childhood:
As kids, we used to watch the most famous cartoons, like Super Man, Batman & Robin and Wonder Woman, where each superhero had a unique superpower that he/she would use to solve challenges:
- If it was about strength, you knew Superman would fly into action.
- If it was about having exactly the right technology, Batman and Robin were there to save the day.
- And if the truth needed to come out, Wonder Woman was there with her magic lasso.
That is how we developed the naive idea of having superpower that would make you stand out in the crowd and help you save the world.
2. During Adulthood:
As we get older, the demands of work, family, and life pull us away from that wonderful world of make-believe.
But lately, I’ve been hearing more and more people talk openly about their own “superpowers,” not to mention celebrities’ as well like Oprah Winfrey, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Dalai Lama.
3. Real-life Superpower:
As it turns out, a real-life superpower doesn’t need to come from comic books. It just has to be a special enough skill that everyone around you can easily recognize it. Such a talent ranges from the ability to fix any machine or to solve any problem, to give great relationship advices to your heartbroken friends, or to send heart-felt gratitude in an age of mediocrity.
Here are some recent examples of superpowers that are likely to resonate:
- Having the ability to recalibrate what’s possible.
- Knowing and living your mission and purpose (with passion).
- Staying powerful and accountable in everything you do (even during hardships/crisis)
- Identifying a unique opportunity others don’t see.
- Growing and maintaining a good business (through gratitude).
- Boldly failing your way to success and maintaining your wellbeing when you fail.
- Staying positive in a negative situation, while staying silent and peaceful when being criticized/attacked. (It’s a win win)
- Being able to juggle between work, family, friends, studying, and more. Good time management is always a hard thing!
4. The Truth Is:
Every single one of us has a superpower that we were born with. Often we hold ourselves back, because we don’t want to feel like we’re bragging or appear narcissistic.
But the world needs our superpowers. We were born with a unique set of creative talents that only us can tap into. Our lives can drastically change and we can completely succeed if we harness these superpowers and use them to make the world better.
So don’t deny who you are. By getting in touch with what makes you unique and special, you can unleash your superpower and with it a virtually unlimited amount of untapped opportunities.
5. To Put Your Superpower to Good Use:
- Start by writing down what it is that makes you unique and special.
- Embrace those attributes. And, if you’re struggling to articulate them, don’t hesitate to ask your friends and colleagues what they see in you: both why they enjoy working with you and what they see as untapped potential.
- Then hone those skills and just keep making them better. Before you know it, you will be unstoppable and your reputation will proceed you.
So if you haven’t ever considered what your superpower might be, please do!
Elephant Journal: https://www.elephantjournal.com/now/unleash-your-superpower/